Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don't Visit a Bald Headed Stylist!



This afternoon I was watching a rather interesting Judge Alex episode.  A woman sued her former hairstylist for giving her a CUT instead of a TRIM.  The hairdresser was sleeping with the client's brother but when the affair ended, the plaintiff claimed that the hairdresser became nasty and spitefully cut her hair on purpose instead of trimming it like she asked.

I felt this woman's pain and I believed that she should have won the case. It was obvious to me that the hairstylist did that out of spite. She was wrong for that.  I can relate because I've had inches cut from my hair when I only needed a light dusting, and I've had another woman scratch my head right before applying a super relaxer.  These are just a few incidents that stand out in my mind.  It's to the point where I am very hesitant to trust people in my head.  A wise person once remarked about a short haired salon employee that did my hair: "[her name]'s hair all broke off and you lettin her in your head?"  I wish I'd listened to those words because that lady's faulty technique ended up causing me severe breakage later on.  I found out during my routine touchups, she'd been combing the relaxer from root to end to "keep it straight".

I have become scarred from my bad experiences so now I only want people with long hair to do my hair.  If you've got a short cut I might let you do a rollerset but you won't be wielding scissors and coming near my head.  If I can't trust you to keep the hair on your own head wtf you gonna do to my locks?  Now I'm not saying that all short haired stylists are like that.  There are so many professional women who wouldn't dream of being so unprofessional and cruel, and many of them aren't bald headed because they can't take care of their hair, but they have a short cut by choice.  I'm not talking about them.  I'm talking about broads like the one on Judge Alex.

Has this ever happened to you?  Unfortunately this is a problem that long haired black women end up having to deal with at some point in our lives.  Usually it's because someone is jealous, angry, or bitter because you have hair so they mess you up.  It's that pathetic crabs in a barrel mentality that some people are afflicted with.  If you got it - get help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment